1. Entertainment
I know what you're thinking. How can a group be a Classic Rock band if you've never heard of it? By my own definition, a band has to have had a large following in order to be considered Classic Rock.

There is, I believe, a legitimate subset of bands that were well known in a particular region or country but not, for whatever reason, in the US. Allow me to present, then, my list of the top Classic Rock bands that you may have never heard, but should!

Comments

October 23, 2006 at 4:40 pm
(1) Allura says:

What! No Lothar and the Hand People!?! Huge oversight.

October 23, 2006 at 5:49 pm
(2) Dave says:

Hmmmm. Maybe. I’ll get back to you {;>)

October 23, 2006 at 8:43 pm
(3) CyberCoder says:

Ya got Moxy , that’s good, Tommy Bolin is one of my all time fav guitarists, and Mike Reno also did a one album stint with them before Loverboy.

But what about…
Legs Diamond & Point Blank

Legs Diamond was huge (at least in Texas) back in the 70′s – 80′s

Point Blank – Was a killer Southern Rock band that just never made the National scene.

October 24, 2006 at 7:24 am
(4) Dave says:

Allura, when you’re right, you’re right. Lothar have been added to the list. Good suggestion. Thanks!

October 24, 2006 at 8:06 am
(5) Dave says:

Mike, there are apparently several bands named Point Blank but they all seem to be relatively recent and none are Southern Rock. Where can I find out more?

Legs Diamond I’m still thinking about …

October 24, 2006 at 4:17 pm
(6) CyberCoder says:

Hey Dave, this is David “CyberCoder”, Mike is the “other guy”, lol, at CybersMusic…

Anyway,

Point Blank – http://www.rockdetector.com/artist,6931.sm They were discovered by Bill Ham of ZZ Top fame.

Legs Diamond – http://www.legsdiamond.com/

The 1st 3 Legs Diamond LP’s are very very rare, I sold mine back in the 80′s when I let go of my entire Vinyl library (it got too big to take care of, especially in a move).

Classic – “A Diamond is a Hard Rock”

October 25, 2006 at 2:24 pm
(7) CyberCoder says:

Legs Diamond is still around. http://www.legsdiamond.com

Point Blank was discovered by Bill Ham of Z Top fame, and one of the members was once a crew member for ZZ Top.

October 25, 2006 at 2:25 pm
(8) CyberCoder says:

PS :

CyberCoder = David
Mikiesoft = Mike

October 25, 2006 at 2:35 pm
(9) Paul Jensen says:

Hello from Canada. We’ve certainly had some great classic rock bands over the years that went relitively un-noticed around the world, but great bands nonetheless. How about Streetheart, Walter Rossi, Lynx or Max Webster to name a few.
How about a couple of super classic rock groups from Great Britain? Be Bop Deluxe and City Boy come to mind. Super Tunes!

October 26, 2006 at 7:38 am
(10) CyberCoder says:

Max Webster, there’s a good one…

Hey Dave, you inspired us, we listed a few more over at http://www.cybersmusic.com

Thanks for bringing on the FlashBacks, lol.

October 26, 2006 at 8:16 am
(11) Dave says:

David & Mike — OOPS! Sorry about the name confusion. Enjoyed your article. It reminded me that Mahogany Rush should probably be on my list {;>)

October 26, 2006 at 8:18 am
(12) Dave says:

Good list, Paul. I’m running them through the wayback machine now.

May 7, 2008 at 7:56 pm
(13) Texas Boy says:

Point Blank is alive and well.