By Dave White, About.com Guide
- Classic Rock 101
- Summer of Love - 1967
- Woodstock - 1969
- Historic Classic Rock Holidays
- Memorable Summers of Classic Rock
Classic Rock 101
How do you know if an album or artist or song is considered to be classic rock? Ask 100 people and you'll get 100 different answers, but here is a basic primer on how classic rock came to be, and how to know it when you hear it.
- Classic Rock Defined
- Classic Rock Myths & Legends
- Scary Stories of Classic Rock
- Rock Radio in the '60s and '70s
- Who's in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
Summer of Love - 1967
It was flower power, psychedlia, and make love, not war. It was long hair and tie-dyed clothes, free form music and freely available drugs. It was the Summer of Love, and it was conceived in San Francisco in 1967.
Woodstock - 1969
It was defining moment in rock history. Three hot August days in a sea of mud on a farm in upstate New York in 1969. Welcome to the Woodstock Music & Art Fair.
- Woodstock 40th Anniversary
- Woodstock Performers: Where Are They Now?
- Memorable Woodstock Performances
- Woodstock Releases and Reissues
- The People Who Made It Happen
- How Woodstock Changed the World
- Witness to Woodstock
- Woodstock Photo Gallery
- Woodstock Trivia Quiz
- Review: 'The Woodstock Experience' box set
- Review: 'Taking Woodstock' by Elliot Tiber
Historic Classic Rock Holidays
Over the years, the winter holidays have seen significant developments in classic rock history. This is a look back at what was happening in classic rock during the holiday seasons from 1966 through 1977.
- Happy Holidays for Hendrix - 1966
- Season of Change - 1967
- Apples and Acrobats - 1968
- Unhappy Endings - 1969
- End of an Era - 1970
- Backstories & Inspirations - 1971
- In Trouble With the Law - 1972
- Big Beginnings & Tragic Ends - 1973
- Moving Out & Moving On - 1974
- Rock Splits, Live Firsts - 1975
- Big Ones, Last Ones - 1976
- Season of Success - 1977
Memorable Summers of Classic Rock
Summertime has always been a special time for Classic Rock fans. Outdoor festivals, weekends at the beach, memories of youthful summers danced away to a rock beat. Several memorable summers were also significant times in classic rock history.